Swedish origin labelling for foods, ingredients and plants.
Swedish-produced food has a great reputation among Swedish consumers. The ‘Från Sverige’ (From Sweden) label helps you find food from Swedish farmers and food producers. Important values are good animal welfare and safe, reliable food.
Look for the label next time you are shopping!
Look for the new voluntary ‘Från Sverige’ (From Sweden), ‘Kött från Sverige’ (Meat from Sweden) and ‘Mjölk från Sverige’ (Milk from Sweden), origin labelling next time you go shopping.
Finding Swedish-produced food is easy!
It is clear, simple and uniform labelling. All the foods, ingredients and plants that carry the label have been produced in Sweden and fulfil the criteria for the labelling scheme. That makes it easy to choose Swedish goods at the dairy, meat and freezer counters, from the fish and shellfish section, from the vegetable, fruit and flower section, and from the drinks and grocery shelves.
The ‘Från Sverige’, ‘Kött från Sverige’ and ‘Mjölk från Sweden’ origin labelling scheme is a joint initiative of the Swedish Food Federation, Svensk Dagligvaruhandel (Swedish Food Traders) and the Federation of Swedish Farmers. Swedish-produced food has a great reputation among Swedish consumers. The ‘Från Sverige’ (From Sweden) label helps you find food from Swedish farmers and food producers. Important values are good animal welfare and safe, reliable food.
What you get when you buy food and plants with the ‘Från Sverige’ label
The label means that:
• All animals are born, raised and slaughtered in Sweden.
• Cultivation takes place in Sweden.
• All processing and packing takes place in Sweden.
• There are special rules for mixed products, at least 75 % is Swedish. Sausages, bread and fruit yoghurt are a few examples.
• Meat, milk egg, fish, shellfish and chicken, ducks etc are always 100 % Swedish, even in mixed products.
For meat and delicatessen products produced in Sweden, the ‘Kött från Sverige‘ (Meat from Sweden) label is used. It is based on the same criteria as the ‘Från Sverige’ label.
In sausages and liver paste, other mixed products that bear the origin labelling, the meat is 100 % Swedish and the total is at least 75 % Swedish.
Excellent products from a farmer or producer near to you
The food we eat shouldn’t just be good; it should also be produced under good conditions and we must be able to eat it with a clear conscience. Surveys show that these are important values for Swedish consumers. This means, among other things, short transport distances, good animal care with low antibiotic use and safe, reliable food.
An increasing number of people are choosing Swedish-produced food, and that strengthens and develops domestic food production. It guarantees Swedish ingredients for the future; more jobs are created; and open landscapes are preserved.
Swedish is an elongated country with eight different climate zones. We have dark forests, open countryside, deep lakes, cold seas and wild rapids. The days are long and warm during the summer, and short and cold during the winter. That produces good conditions for cultivation and production.
Swedes are a curious people, with a taste for both Swedish specialities and those of other countries. With Swedish products as the foundation, we create all the world’s food. Tex-mex and spaghetti top the list of the most popular dishes in Sweden.
Did you know?
- Good animal husbandry ensures healthy animals. Sweden has the lowest level of antibiotic use in animal husbandry in Europe.
- Fruit and berries taste best when they are left longer to ripen on their branches or plants. Shorter transportation to your store is also an added advantage.
- Perches, laying places and sand trays are a matter of course for Swedish laying hens. Swedish eggs are salmonella-free.
- Winter wheat is the most common grain in Sweden, followed by corn, oats and rye?
Look for the ‘Från Sverige’ label when you are shopping! Read all about the criteria and inspections at frånsverige.se.
- Swedish food producers focus significantly on quality, strong determination and commitment.
- You can now easily find foods, raw ingredients and plants grown and produced in Sweden in your store.
- Demand for Swedish-produced food is growing all the time.
- The Swedish food industry consists of everything from small-scale bakeries to global food groups.